ASHTANGA YOGA -200 HOURS (PRIMARY SERIES)
Ashtanga yoga primary series is a sequence of 75 Asana, with a batch capacity of 10 students. The program is well designed and based on international curriculum and teaching standards set by World Yoga Alliance. We have certified and qualified experienced Masters having vast experience in teaching Ashtanga vinyasa yoga. With WYA certificate you are authorized to spread Ashtanga yoga across the globe with your name in WYA INTERNATIONAL DIRECTORY. The program is designed with a focus on Asana, Adjustment techniques & Methods, Teaching methodology, Yoga philosophy, Pranayama, Meditation, Anatomy, Mantra chanting and other aspects of Ashtanga yoga. In totality, the primary series is “Yoga Chikitsa” or “ Yoga Therapy” series that helps in the physical and spiritual development of a practitioner and makes student competent enough to create milestones on international yoga space.
Practical Sessions Overview: These sessions equip the student with all necessary yoga tools for physical and mental development.
Yoga Practical Techniques
|PRACTICAL SESSIONS||TOPICS||TOTAL HOURS|
|Training, Practice Techniques||Asana –Ashtanga Vinyasa flow , Pranayama, Meditation, Mantra, Kirtan, Kriya, Bandha – 3 locks Mahabandha, yoga stretches & exercise||80 Hours|
|Teaching Methodology||Principles of a successful teacher, Ethical code of conduct of a teacher, Art of demonstration and observation, Alignment, adjustment of asana, Practice teaching sessions for students and Yoga food /lifestyle, Asana theory benefits and limitations||25 Hours|
|Group sessions / Practice session||Group practice by students||10 Hours|
|Yoga Business / strategic planning||Basics of how to build a successful Yoga model for self /students as a profession (Online and other marketing /business plans discussion )||5 Hours|
|Practicum||LED Class by Students – Students themselves taking classes for other students and also observing others while teaching.||20 Hours|
Yoga Theoretical Techniques
|THEORETICAL SESSIONS||TOPICS||TOTAL HOURS|
|Yoga Philosophy / Theory||Yoga definitions Introduction, 5 states of mind, Origin History of Yoga, Ashtanga limbs, Hatha yoga its components, Shat kriya , Bandha , Nadi’s importance, Pancha prana and panch kosha, Prayers – Opening and closing prayers, 7 Chakra’s and kundalini, Veda’s, Bhagwad gita & Ayurveda overview, 3 Guna – Satvic –Rajasic –Tamasic food, Yoga teacher ethics, Yoga code of conduct||30 Hours|
|Theory related to other techniques||Meditation Techniques – Om /Trataka/Yoga nidra/Nadanusandhan / Chakra / Mind sound resonance techniques of meditation/ Mantra meditation||15 Hours|
|Anatomy||Human anatomy physiology, Basics of movement science /kinseology / Skeletol system /Connective tissue / Basics of yogic anatomy||15 Hours|
What Our 200 Hours Ashtanga Vinyaya Course will offer?
- Experience and methodology to handle and lead the LED class and Mysore style practice.
- Deeper insights about Ashtanga Primary series.
- Lesson on the usage of props like blocks, belts and wall, chair in your practice.
- Experience to handle Beginner and intermediate practitioners
- Mysore style and LED class are the styles we download.
- Add on sessions on Partner, Yin yoga, Yoga with Props and Prenatal yoga
- Group and one on one attention by our teachers.
- Yoga philosophy to enhance and enrich your spiritual knowledge.
- An insight into Eight limbs of yoga –Ashtanga limbs
- Asana theory, benefits, and limitations
- Meditation techniques, Pranayama, Mantra Chanting
- Kriya –Cleansing techniques
- Anatomical aspects to understand Yogic science
- Practicum for students
- Discussion on Diet
Eligibility / Qualifying Criteria for the Course
- Practitioners with minimum 10 months to 1.5 years of yoga practice /experience can apply.
- Teachers training program cannot be considered as Holiday getaway and fun holiday.
- Patients with a major illness or injuries should consult with a doctor before applying.
- Practitioners with a serious mindset to learn the Teachers Training Course to apply.
Duration of the course
- Course duration is 3 weeks-21 days program with a focus on syllabus mentioned.
- Last day of the Program will be the certification ceremony.
|Primary Series||Asana Names|
|SUN SALUTATION A SUN SALUTATION B||A 9 postures B 17 postures|
|STANDING POSTURES||Padangusthasana, Pada Hastasana, Utthita Trikonasana A, B Utthita Parsvakonasana A,B Prasarita Padottanasana A,B,C,D Parsvottonasana, Utthita, Hasta Padangusthasana, Ardha Baddha,, Padmottanasana, Utkatasana Virabhadrasana I & II|
|SITTING POSTURES||Dandasana, Paschimottanasana A,B,C Purvottasana, Ardha Baddha, Padma Paschimottanasana, Trianga Mukaikapada, Paschimottanasana, Janu, Sisrasana A,B,C Marichyasana A,B,C,D Paripurna Navasana, Bhujapidasana, Kurmasana, Supta Kurmasana, Garbha Pindasana, Kukkutasana Baddha Konasana A,B Upavista Konasana A,B Supta Konasana, Supta Padangustasana, Ubhaya Padangustasana, Urdvha Mukha Paschimottanasana, Setu Bandhasana, Urdvha, Dhanurasana, Paschimottanasana, Shavasana|
|FINISHING POSTURES||Salamba Sarvangasana, Halasana, Karnapidasana, Urdhwa Padmasana, Pindasana, Matsyasana, Uttana Padasana, Urdhwa, Dandasana, Sirsasana , Balasana, Yoga Mudrasana, Padmasana, Tolasana, Shavasana|
Daily Schedule – Ashtanga Yoga – 200 Hours (Primary series)
|DAILY SCHEDULE||MONDAY – FRIDAY||SATURDAY||SUNDAY|
|7.00 to 9.00||Ashtanga Vinyasa LED Class||Mysore Style Practice(Group Practice Session)||Holiday|
|9.00 to 9.45||Breakfast Break||Breakfast Break|
|10.00 to 11.30||Asana theory||Self-study / Weekend||Holiday|
|11.30 to 1.00||Teaching methodology /Alignment –Adjustment of Asana||Self study / Weekend||Holiday|
|1.00 to 2.00||Lunch Break||Lunch Break|
|2.00 to 4.15||Yoga Philosophy /Pranayama/ Yoga Business planning||Self-study / Weekend||Holiday|
|4.30 to 5.30||Anatomy||Self study / Weekend||Holiday|
|5.30 to 6.30||Meditation||Self study / Weekend||Holiday|
|7.00 to 9.00||Dinner Time||Dinner Time|
Important Note :
We also have Short Certification courses (7 Days to 1 Month Duration) in Ayurveda and can organize the same if students are willing to opt for it.